You have been invited to participate in this second year of the EEC Financial Education Toolkit train-the-trainer course. The course this year is a “hybrid” course, comprising of 4 hours of online training and 8 hours of face-to-face training. This change was in response to feedback from CFCE providers and partners who took the course last year and other early childhood education providers who took the course in the last several years. The hybrid course will award 1.0 CEU for successful completing the online course/quiz and attendance at the 8 hour face-to-face training. The face-to-face portion of the training will provide small group work based on geographical differences and program types (urban, suburban, rural) to customize how each program implements the Toolkit.
Who should take this second year of the financial education toolkit train-the-trainer course?
- If you are a CFCE coordinator and attended last year’s face-to-face training, you have the option to attend this year’s hybrid course. However, we recommend that if you need additional support or assistance to implement the toolkit from last year, you are most welcome to attend.
- If you are a CFCE coordinator and choose not to attend the 2nd year training, you are still responsible for sending two CFCE community representatives.
- If you attended last year and plan to attend again this year, you have the option to bring last year’s partner or a new partner. We recommend that you reach out to your local CCR&R, Educator Program Support (EPS) grantees, Head Start (HS), and local Community Action Agencies (CAAs) to participate in this opportunity.
Instructions for Taking the Online Course and Quiz
- If you took the course last year (either face-to-face or online) and you want to take the hybrid course this year, you are required to pass the quiz with a score of 28 out of 30 correct answers. You can take the quiz as many times as necessary to get a passing score, up until one week prior to the face-to-face training. You can also go back through the Modules to review areas in need of refreshing to pass the quiz.
- If you have never taken the course, you must complete the online course, pass the quiz with at least 28 out of 30 correct answers, and attend the 8-hour face-to-face session. Dates and locations of the face-to-face training have been sent to you via email by EEC.
- We recommend that you go through the modules in the order they are presented, starting with the Overview and ending with Module 6. Expect to spend at least 40 minutes with each module.
Instructions for Registering for the Face-to-Face Component
- If you did not take the course last year, or you would like to participate again this year in the hybrid course, you MUST register at one of the face-to-face sessions at the link sent to you by EEC. As mentioned, in order to attend the face-to-face component, you must complete the online course and/or pass the quiz with 28 out of 30 correct answers.
- In order to receive a certificate of completion signed by the EEC Commissioner and to be eligible for 1 Continuing Education Units (CEU), you
The MA Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) sponsors this Financial Education train-the-Trainer hybrid course for CFCE providers and their community partners, in partnership with the Massachusetts Association for Community Action (MASSCAP). The Financial Education Toolkit was originally developed by MASSCAP, in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) and the Institute on Assets and Social Policy at Brandeis University. The goal of the Financial Education Toolkit Train-the-Trainer Course is for early education and care providers to support families on a path toward long-term economic independence and self-sufficiency in the Commonwealth. This project is funded with the Early Learning Challenge- Race to the Top Grant (RTTT).